View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 05:15 AM  
MrsL1985
Newborn Pup

Smile Best cage and toys for a large Syrian hamster??

Hi all!
This is my first post on here!

We have a roughly 6 month old Syrian hamster that we got in October time. He currently has the Pets at Home large cage, which I have 2 of, one on top of the other with tubes connecting the 2. The shop assistant told us that 1 would be enough for him to have plenty of space, but having done research I quickly realised that they were wrong and it wasn't enough room at all! Bentley is a big boy and I could tell he was bored...so I went back and they recommended the other cage to go on top.
Bentley doesn't seem to use the top cage much at all, his wheel is up there, which he spends some time on, but I am still worried that he is bored and not as happy a hamster as he could be! He is quite tame but isn't keen on his ball either, just tries to chew to get out, he much prefers to be running around free!

So my question is... what is your best buy for a Syrian hamster cage please, that isn't ridiculously expensive but plenty of space? I'm not bothered about tunnels as I don't think he is either...

Question 2....hit me with you best toys for hamsters to keep them occupied please? We have a see saw tunnel thing, that he's never been in, a wooden climbing frame thing that i have never seen him use either, his wheel that he does use and a plastic house that came with the cage.

Thank you
MrsL1985 is offline   Reply With Quote