View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 01:51 PM  
Hammy992
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Hamster refusing dry food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Good to hear he's healing well, being active may not be the best thing but it's a good indication of how well he's come through the op!
Have you considered using a probiotic to help his system cope with the antibiotics?
You can get Pro C from P@H or other pet shops & it's very easy to use, you need to give it a few hours apart from the antibiotic, it is quite palatable so you can just sprinkle it on food, I don't recommend putting it in water as the instructions on the container suggest though as you can't monitor intake & it means a thorough clean of water bottles or bowls daily.
That's a good idea, I think I might have to do that. Initially the vet said his system should handle it fine and I could just monitor for signs of constipation or runny poops, but since he needs to take it for another week now it's probably best to start him on a probiotic.
He does love his veggies so I could sprinkle some on a piece of cucumber or something

Over the Rainbow Bridge - Custard 2 years and 8 months. Rest peacefully little one; forever loved xx
Hammy992 is offline   Reply With Quote