View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:54 PM  
Hammy992
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Hamster refusing dry food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
Keep offering the dry mix, eventually, he'll eat it. A bit of tough love might be best for him in this situation. Since he'll only take his meds in the baby food, maybe just try to reduce the total daily amount you're offering as much as you can. Chances are, he probably still is eating some dry food, just not as much as before. You can also try getting him to eat it from things like porridge, just to get a bit of variety out of the wet food you're offering. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your little guy. Best wishes
Thanks Drago Hard to take the tough love approach when he's so darn cute haha. He makes me feel like I should be spoiling him! He already conned me out of his basic cage plans by ransacking everything in sight, teeth chattering and bar climbing til I caved and put his platform access back in. No wheel though. He doesn't really care about going up there he just wants to know that he can lol

Over the Rainbow Bridge - Custard 2 years and 8 months. Rest peacefully little one; forever loved xx
Hammy992 is offline   Reply With Quote