Thread: Goodbye Boris
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 10:51 AM  
BorisPasha
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Goodbye Boris

BorisRB1.jpg

I really can't believe I'm having to post in this section of the forum so soon but I am

Sadly, only 2 weeks and 1 day after we said goodbye to Pasha we found ourselves having to say goodbye to Boris. I think this is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to write.

Boris was not himself on Monday night. He seemed to be rocking slightly and was making a strange reflex with his mouth like he was gasping for breath. He also had cloudy like discs in his eyes. We really thought that perhaps he was on his way to the bridge. I held him and talked to him, offered him a treat and while we were deciding if we should rush him to the vets or keep him comfortable he went back to his usual self. We decided to leave him but make an appointment the next day.

He was fine all day until it was time to go to the vets. The minute we got to the vets he seemed to be really struggling again and all he wanted was to sit on my hand. The vet examined him but his eyes were clear at that point. She couldn't hear anything unusual with his breathing but did say it looked very exaggerated. She took a spot of blood from his paw and his blood sugar was fine and gave him an anti-inflammatory injection and told him to keep an eye on him and if he got worse to bring him back. We got him home and once he was back in his cage he went back to normal.

Yesterday morning when we got up he seemed to be really struggling to breath and making clicking and squeaking noises. We phoned the vets and they told us to bring him straight up. As weak as he was, he climbed on to my hand and didn't want to be put back in his travel case. They got him on oxygen as the vet felt he was too unstable to be examined. It was agreed that he would stay on the oxygen for an hour in the hopes that he would stabilize and could be examined. We got to see him before we left and he looked so small as he tried to turn to see me. I don't even know now why we went home and didn't just stay. They said they would phone us and let us know what was happening and I don't think either of us were thinking very clearly. We'd only been home for 15 minutes when the vet phoned to say he had deteriorated further and the kindest thing would be to have him pts.

I am just so heartbroken and can't help feel that if we'd taken him on the Monday night or maybe if the vet had given him some antibiotics on the Tuesday night maybe he'd still be with us. If only we'd stayed at the vets we could have had a chance to say goodbye to him.

Boris was my heart ham always there for me to give me a kiss and a cuddle. He was such a snuggle bug and I feel so lost that he's not here. He was always waiting for me every morning to rush over to the bars when I walked in the room and it was so sad this morning to see him empty cage.

He was always so full of fun, adventurous, cheeky and lovely. There was never a dull moment. I would see him more than all the other boys put together every day and the house feels so quiet without him. I think maybe he missed Pasha and wanted to be with him at the rainbow bridge. I'm glad they are together again and with Max too but it's very hard to have lost them so close together.

Boris, you will always be in our hearts. We loved you more than you could ever know. I hope you are having fun with Pasha and Max and all your friends. Sleep well, rest easy and play to your hearts content.

BorisRB2.jpg

BorisRB3.jpg

BorisRB4.jpg

BorisRB5.jpg

I'm sorry for making such a long post but I felt I just needed to get it all written down and out my system.

Bossed around by Artie, Spartacus, Snapdragon, Feliks, Veikko & Delphia.
Boris, Pasha, Jaska & Max playing at the rainbow bridge, forever loved.

https://www.instagram.com/wehave3hamsters/

Last edited by BorisPasha; 02-01-2018 at 11:16 AM.
BorisPasha is offline   Reply With Quote