View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 06:00 AM  
Hammy992
Adult Hamster

Default Hamster refusing dry food?

So on Monday my hamster had an operation to remove a tumor on his back. Everything went really well and he was eating and drinking fine afterwards.
He has been prescribed baytril and metacam for a few days and the only thing he will take them in is baby food. He refused juice, ribena, and putting it on foods but loved his meds in sweet squash chicken baby food. He was actually waiting for me to give him his morning dose!

And herein lies the problem. Having been presented with such tasty offerings he is now shunning his dry mix. I am worried that he is not eating enough of the dry mix and is waiting for the baby food (1 tsp divided over 3 doses).
He will still take veg from me but I don't want to upset his tummy with too much wet food.

If he gets hungry enough will he eat it? He still ran to his food bowl when he heard me filling it but then kind of sniffed it and walked away. He is taking meds until Saturday.

Over the Rainbow Bridge - Custard 2 years and 8 months. Rest peacefully little one; forever loved xx
Hammy992 is offline   Reply With Quote