View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 05:26 PM  
Stardust79
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Help! Wet tail URGENT PLEASE!

She is so much better today! Checked on her this evening, she hates me pulling her house off of her. But needs must! Lots and lots of solid poops in her bed, and they are new poops as she was fully cleaned out yesterday. Her bottom is now dry too She ate all of the egg last night which I sprinkled a tiny bit of probiotic on. I have mixed the probiotic and antibiotic in the water again tonight. She is drinking lots, which is good. And she has been really hungry and eating her dry food tonight. As of tomorrow I will put the baytril on some baby food and the probiotic in her water? Whatever she had, she looks so much better now. She looks like a different hammy tonight. I have never been so excited over hamster poop before. When I saw her 30 plus pellet poops I was so happy. I don't want to jinx it, but I think this is looking good.

I wouldn't of thought she could of got stuck under her spinner, but I somehow think she managed to. It only adds up that way. Because despite her being unwell, she has been eating, she was so hungry and thirsty after I found her under the spinner, that I assume this is what happened. If she hadn't been eating after I found her, then I would of said no she wasn't trapped. But because her being unwell didn't affect her appetite then that leads me to believe she wasn't eating for days because she was trapped

Would porridge and baby food not possibly upset her gut if she isn't used to it? Part of me doesn't want to give her something to eat that she has never had before that would cause us humans to empty our bowels....