View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 12:38 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Help! Wet tail URGENT PLEASE!

I am so glad she is improving. Also think putting it in the water isn't the best idea - it can put them off drinking it if it tastes funny. Although it sounds like she is drinking. Some people put the medicines on a tiny bit of food and feed it on a teaspoon. Coco may have some tips as she had to give daily medication to her Syrian for a long time. A tiny bit of tasty baby food with the drops of baytril mixed in - or something she will eat, could be the way to go. If she won't eat from a teaspoon, I used to put the baby food on one of the little lids from the jar, separate to the rest of the food. The probiotics can just be sprinkled on food as you say, or the bit of egg.

She is a lucky girl - if she was trapped, that you found her. It does seem strange she could get trapped under a flying saucer though as usually they can dig their way out when it's on top of substrate. Or is it on something hard like a platform? Maybe have more substrate under it? Or change it for a wheel. Our Syrian got his leg trapped in a wobust wheel once - between the wheel and the stand when running behind it. He could have got untrapped quite easily but he panicked and tried to run and the more he tried to run the more trapped he got. So placement of wheels is something to keep an eye on I think. I hung that particular wheel upside down after that, but have now changed to one with a safe sturdy stand (the Silent Runner). I'm not sure if the 9" silent runner is good for a robo or not. I have a 9" open wheel for our robo. An 8" wodent wheel would be ok as well. If you're in the US I believe the Carolina Storm wheel is good for Robos as well, even though it's a 10" wheel - it's supposed to spin really easily and it's height adjustable so less chance of getting trapped.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote