Thread: Hamster wheel
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 10:20 AM  
Shelleyzeus
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by velma View Post
I think the confusion lies with silent spinners. They used to be very good & very quiet but a while back had a redesign which seems to have made them stiff. I use a p@h own brand version which is quiet but is really only big enough for a dwarf species and I don't like the stand. There isn't a set size per hamster for a wheel - it depends how big the individual ham is but they do need to be able to run with a straight back. Silent Runners seem to be popular at the moment but are a bit more pricey and only available from certain suppliers. I don't have one so I can't comment on those. I've also use wodent wheels (a bit more expensive due to limited stockists, quiet when oiled, a fiddle to clean if pee'd in) comfort wheels (pretty rattley) and currently trying a savic orbital (similar in principal to a wodent wheel. Currently very squeaky but should be fine once oiled and easy to oil as no concealed parts) But I don't sleep in the same room as my hams so not sure how quiet they would if trying to snooze!
I've got two hamster one dwarf and one Syrian. Which one have you got for your dwarf? I think I seen one in p@h the other day. It had quite a large base, I think it was £6. I didn't get it because I was unsure if it would be sturdy.
Thank you for your reply
Shelleyzeus is offline   Reply With Quote