Thread: Hamster wheel
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 10:05 AM  
velma

Default Re: Hamster wheel

I think the confusion lies with silent spinners. They used to be very good & very quiet but a while back had a redesign which seems to have made them stiff. I use a p@h own brand version which is quiet but is really only big enough for a dwarf species and I don't like the stand. There isn't a set size per hamster for a wheel - it depends how big the individual ham is but they do need to be able to run with a straight back. Silent Runners seem to be popular at the moment but are a bit more pricey and only available from certain suppliers. I don't have one so I can't comment on those. I've also use wodent wheels (a bit more expensive due to limited stockists, quiet when oiled, a fiddle to clean if pee'd in) comfort wheels (pretty rattley) and currently trying a savic orbital (similar in principal to a wodent wheel. Currently very squeaky but should be fine once oiled and easy to oil as no concealed parts) But I don't sleep in the same room as my hams so not sure how quiet they would if trying to snooze!
velma is offline   Reply With Quote