View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 01:36 PM  
Hamsterzz12
Newborn Pup

Default Sister won’t listen to me about the wheel being too small

My sister is 19 and has had hamsters an and off for about 10 years. She recently got a Syrian hamster. The wheel in his cage is only 5.5 inches in diameter. I told her it was way too small and will injure him if he uses it. But because I’ve never had a hamster of my own (I was always a guinea pig person) she thinks I don’t know anything about them. A simple google search and the RSPCA recommendations confirmed my suspicions. Even after showing her what it said on their website and countless other websites she still thinks I’m being ridiculous. She said all of her other hamsters were find with the small wheel. She also said “if that was true then pet shops wouldn’t be allowed to sell them”. I tried explaining that pet shops don’t care and they only want to make money, they don’t care about the animals wellbeing. After all that she still thinks I’m being ridiculous. I’m at a loss. I feel bad for the poor hamster and worry that he might hurt himself on the wheel. The cage is also too small. It’s a pets at home one that has 3 floors, the dimensions are 37.5x47x55cm.
What should I do? I want to do what’s best for the hamster but it’s impossible when she won’t listen to or even consider what I’m saying.
Hamsterzz12 is offline   Reply With Quote