Thread: Meet Willow
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 07:57 AM  
CMB
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Meet Willow

I think the boys have spurred her on. This morning at just after 3am I woke up and could hear scratching noises. I got up to check the hamsters. Oliver was on his wheel running, so it wasn’t him. Murphy was running on his wheel, so it wasn’t him. So with no sign of Willow, but lots of noise, I started looking for her. Then calling her and offering treats/seeds.

I finally found her inside to filter. Her secret mission had been completed and I always thought she was trying to get to the wire covering the top of her tank. It had taken her a few months training, but she had done it. She must have pulled herself up using the sisal carrot that blocks the hole on the side of the filter. Got on top of the filter and gone in the hole that is where the heater goes.

I could have entered the naughty but nice competition. She sat inside looking so cute. It took a while to get her out, as I had to remove all hides, toys, platform etc, just leaving substrate and move the tank onto my bed to tip it on its back. She walked out as if nothing was wrong.

She may have wanted it as her nest, as she was trying to get back up there.i put her stone on top and waited to see what she would do. She tried many times, before giving up and going for a run on her wheel.

This morning I covered the side hole with washers, nut and bolt. The top has wire covering the top holes. So I now think she can’t get up there or get inside it.
CMB is offline   Reply With Quote