View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 09:02 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Good Hamster mix from Rat Rations?

I don't think that Harry Hamster is an ideal food anyways,as it does contain artificial dyes(not labelled clearly but still proven).I'd just go with regular Burgess Hamster Harvest.Other food such as certain Bunny formulas(not the Dwarf Hamster DreamExpert which is good)have "animal" fat(no way to know the source therefore unsafe and could be any possible quality so I don't think it should be an ingredient for any pet along with digest,derivatives,meat and bone meal,etc),or in the case of the supplement mentioned it has vitamin K(likely the synthetic form which is known to cause health problems and is not identical to the natural vitamin K which would actually be safe).

As far as soy in mixes go,it is controversial but it isn't the worst ingredient either.It would be much worse to have something like synthetic vitamin K(aka menadione),artificial dyes or other artificial ingredients,vague biproducts(digest,derivatives,etc),or harmful preservatives(BHA/BHT/ethoxyquin)or additives like propylene glycol and sulfur dioxide.

Last edited by Fluffagrams; 12-02-2017 at 08:55 AM.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote