View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 11:37 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Say hi to Theodore

He is just so cute in his grass nest there chilling out bless him, what a gorgeous boy! It's lovely to see more of him.
Really good to hear he's thriving, doing well & enjoying all the attention he can get

I would be worried about the bar climbing though, it can be a real problem as they don't generally have a clue about getting down when they've climbed up as well as losing their grip & tend to just let go & fall so he could hurt himself.
I like to put small ledges or shelves, things like lava ledges or the small birch & hazel shelves you can see here (scroll down a bit) kind of like overlapping steps so there's no big expanse of bars to climb & they can climb on the shelves or ledges safely as long as it's nothing too smooth so their little feet get some grip.
I find it's easiest to get them used to hands out of the cage in a playpen where you can interact with them but safely put them down or move your hands away gently for a moment if they bite, usually it just takes a bit of time & persistence, if you don't react to any biting (not always easy I know!) they tend to get out of the habit.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote