View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 05:24 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: 31 Days of October

Thank you BorisPasha and cypher. I felt so happy that I could help Papa Smurf get a loving forever home before he went to the bridge - even if that meant he was my brothers hamster I still really loved him and I enjoyed the time I got to spend with him giving him cuddles.

17th - Garden Wildlife

Over the next few day I will be sharing some other of my favourite photo subjects apart from my pets. So today it some photos of the wildlife visitors to my garden.

I have a keen interest in wildlife and wildlife conservation, so one day every week I have a wildlife conservation voluntary job – where a big group of volunteers go out to the nature reserves in our local area to carry out different habitat conservation task. It can be really hard work but it is really enjoy it and have been a volunteer for over a year now. It is also so nice seeing such a vast array on wildlife and also learning more about them from the other volunteers – although it’s a shame I don’t have my camera to hand. However I do get quite a lot of wildlife visiting my garden.

Including this Red Admiral Butterfly, who visited my garden back in September, When I first saw the butterfly I quickly ran inside to get my camera. As soon as I get my camera to focus the butterfly, it flew off and I was really disappointed however the butterfly gave me an aerial display before landing again in almost the same place so I managed to get some photo. I even saw one yesterday in my garden despite being a little windy here – the colours looked even more vibrant due to the eerie yellow sky and red sun!

I also get a lot of bees visiting my garden – it’s always lovely to see them pollinating the flowers – seeing them all covered in pollen and some with their yellow pollen welly boots on! (Whenever I see a bee with pollen covered legs it reminds me of yellow welly boots). It has taken me lots of practise to get some good photos of bees, so here are the photos I’m happy with

My garden is popular place with birds too enjoying the food from the feeders. It so lovely watching them flying from feeder to the tree in my garden but they are too quick to get any clear photos however here are two birds I managed to get photos of ...

ETA - This afternoon after posting my post for today whilst watching the birds in my garden, a female green woodpecker comes hopping across my lawn. I was watching her for a while and was contemplating whether to go and get my camera as I was worried that if I went to get my camera she would fly away - but luckily she didn't. I haven't seen a green woodpecker in my garden for a while now so it was a lovely sight. It was a little difficult to get a good photo as I had to zoom in quite a bit but I thought I would share a few photos that I took especially as my post for today is about my garden wildlife.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 10-17-2017 at 08:07 AM.
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote