View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 05:38 PM  
SunnyOy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Farewell My Little Mocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco61 View Post
Thank you cypher, SKB, BP and dreamtree. You all know how it feels. I emailed Pets Remembered and thanked them but I also asked about preserving it outside. The reply, as always, was very nice but said the stone was designed to be outside and would weather into its surroundings which was part of the memorial. But it will stay inside until I am ready.

SunnyOy, thank you too. Mocho's exact dates are at the start of my first post here. He was from a breeder so I knew his date of birth. He was just over 2 and half years. My daughter had a close relative born just one day earlier. Jarvis lived only days passed his second birthday. I cannot answer why Mocho lived another 6 months. I did not expect that especially as he had to have a drop of medicine daily for Cushings. He had a big cage with plenty to do. I did not change much or clean that much because he used a potty and I needed to avoid stress because of Cushings. I tried to give him a healthy diet. He also did not want to play outside his cage that much but as I am an older owner that suited me too!
There is no magic answer. Many experienced owners and breeders here lose hamsters unexpectedly young and that has nothing to do with how they are cared for.
I hope your hammie has a long and healthy life with you.
Thank you Coco! Luckily, Mocho has lived a long happy life, with you and with your family. Mocho was an old hammie who passed away naturally.
SunnyOy is offline   Reply With Quote