View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 03:12 PM  
SunnyOy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Worried about my ham's behaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiedoe View Post
Thanks both. We ended up taking her to the vet to be sure, but she was fine. We moved her into a different cage (two Samla boxes from IKEA stacked together) which I think is good in that she can’t chew bars, but she seems to miss the climbing. She goes round the sides trying to jump up.

I don’t know if it’s better for her to be in her old Barney, in which we tried everything to get her to stop chewing but couldn’t succeed, but she could climb, or in her new Samla bins, where she can’t chew or climb. Hmmm.
Congratulations by knowing she is fine.
LOL, how come you have exactly the same situation I had! I connected Dumpling's old bar cage with another plastic container and he jumps a lot on the side of the container. However, he still has the access to the old cage to climb. The thing is maybe your hammie does not want to climb, but instead, she wants to go out to explore? Female hammies are really more active in all sense and if you still want her to climb, you could simply place more wooden bridges, hurdles, puzzles, etc. for her in the new cage. She simply wants to exhaust her energy and entertain herself by jumping up, since maybe she has got not many toys to play with.
SunnyOy is offline   Reply With Quote