View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 06:54 AM  
LazyHarpSeal
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Robo foot injury

The day after my last post (sorry for the late reply by the way!), I checked his foot and the swelling had gone down a lot and the colour was a lot better too and now it seems to be fine So I didn't take him back to the vet but I'll keep an eye on it just in case. I'm using Carefresh at the moment so none of the fluffy bedding.
Luckily I did have a spare wheel, it's plastic, seems pretty sturdy and there is nowhere he can get his leg trapped or anything so I am using that until I get one of the Silent Runner wheels

One more thing about his feet though... his nails! He has a sand bath and some rocks but they don't seem to be keeping his nails from getting too long so I have to trim them. I just do a few nails at a time so I don't have to hold him too long and that's working out okay but I think it would be more beneficial to him if I didn't have to do that. I've read that giving a hamster a shelled walnut is a good way of wearing down their nails. So would it be okay to try with my Roborovski or can walnuts only be given as treats to Syrian hamsters?
LazyHarpSeal is offline   Reply With Quote