View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:32 AM  
SunnyOy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Taming my new 7 week male Syrian

If you have time on weekends without going outside, you could simply place your hamster in your shirt pocket with some treats and food and little veges. Hamsters around 7 weeks are still babies and they do sleep a lot and usually sleep anywhere where they feel safe, warm and comfortable.
When my Myachick was 6 weeks old, I placed him in my bath robe pocket with some treats and broccoli. He will be sleeping there for 6-7hours and I was doing my programming assignment meanwhile.
In this way, you could easily build the bound and your hamster will feel you as his/her closest creature. I did spend A LOT OF time with my Myachick when he was a baby and he never gets frightened whenever I approach him. Instead, what he does is to ignore me and continues to do what he is occupying with.
BUT, you should be VERY CAREFUL!!! Since I can't guarantee every hamster would love to sleep long outside his cage or nest, and placing him with you can be risky since sometimes you could simply forget about him in your pocket. It is quite common you got hit somewhere at home by something, but please be EXTREMELY careful when you have your hamster with you.
SunnyOy is offline   Reply With Quote