View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 03:12 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Platfor For Detolf

I don't know about the US sorry In the Uk most big diy stores that sell wood, have a cutting section - you just give them the dimensions and they cut it to size on a machine. Would recommend getting some sanding paper too! To smooth any edges.

I can't imagine how a platform would attach to the detolf bars easily. A wood hammock/platform hanging from the top could also be heavy and pull the mesh down.

Is there a particular reason you aren't keen on a platform that has legs? As to making a ramp, some people just use a piece of wood and stick popsicle sticks onto it to make something to grip on when walking up. Or a bendy bridge, as SKB has done.

Another option for a platform is to use a flat roofed house - then your hammy gets the bonus of a nice big house with space for a big nest, hoards and a litter tray inside, plus a platform (the flat roof). This is what I did with one a while back. The last picture isn't the same house, but same idea. The bendy bridge makes a tunnel over the entrance door and also makes a ramp to the roof/platform. The house sits higher up on legs so makes it high enough for a platform and also lets the hammy tunnel underneath it The legs are just beech dowels glued on with petsafe glue.

Attachment 43027

Attachment 43028

Attachment 43029

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-26-2022 at 05:56 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote