View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 09:28 AM  
LazyHarpSeal
Newborn Pup

Default Robo foot injury

About 2 weeks ago I noticed that my Robo hams foot was swollen and a purple/red colour. There was no change in his behaviour but I was very worried about a possible infection and I took him to the vets as soon as it reopened after the weekend. Before taking him to the vets, the swelling had gone down a little bit and it was less purple.

The vet told me that it was bruising from an injury and it wasn't anything to be too worried about. He wasn't given any medication. I checked his cage (a tank cage) and there isn't anywhere where his leg could have got caught or anything like that. So I thought it was probably just an injury from perhaps being overly enthusiastic on his flying saucer wheel. The swelling did pretty much go completely but now it is back :/ I don't know whether the old injury hadn't healed properly and perhaps he hasn't rested enough to heal. Again, he seems to be doing fine, still running on his wheel, still active and eating.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this. Should I take him back to the vets or is this something that will heal by itself in time?

Thank you in advance for any advice
LazyHarpSeal is offline   Reply With Quote