View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 06:23 AM  
SunnyOy
Hamster Pup

Question Re: Myachick and Dumpling Say Hi to You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtree1234 View Post
Aww, Myachick looks so precious and cute snuggling in your hand as he slept. It was the sweetest thing ever; I'm so sorry that he had a bad dream but luckily you were right there to comfort him again. What a wonderful bond the two of you share; he is so content surrounded with all of your love and gentleness. Thanks for sharing the video.
Hey dreamtree, thank you for your kind words, they are really comforting me so much!
I am curious that both of my hamsters they are 5 months old and they are around 135g~140g, but their sizes are around 6-7 inches. Are they within the normal range of size and weight? It is so strange that when I touch them while they are sitting and grooming, I could clearly feel their spins and butt bones! I was scared and feel that they are not doing good since I have read so many threads saying you should not feel their back bones.
I feed both of them 8 pallets of oxbow in the morning individually and some broccoli of size as a ping pang ball. And in the evening when they wake up, I feed them some treats including raw unsalted sun flower seeds, pumpkin seeds, 2 nail-big pieces of dry carrot, some pecan nuts of nail size, and 5 pallets of oxbow. I don't think I feed them too little, and I even think I feed them a little much. Of course they eat all of the food and treats. But still, I can CLEARLY feel their back bones and spins.
Should I go to the vet so see what is going on? Or is it completely normal??
SunnyOy is offline   Reply With Quote