View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 06:09 AM  
SabreRose
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Best Hamster cage

I think everyone has their own take on the best cage or style of cage so there isn’t one answer.
I guess the one thing most people will have in common is the size. That it should be no smaller rhan 80 x 50cm. After that everyone seems to favour different things. And some hamsters shit some types of cages better than others.

For me, I favour two (and believe me I’ve tried A LOT), the Alexander (100x59cm roughly) (available on zooplus if you’re in Europe) and the Zoozone 2 (100x50 roughly but living space is more like 97 x 40) (lots of pet shops/online shops sell it).
These two aren’t without their problems (side access on the Alexander mixed with it being a tall cage can make interacting with the hamster difficult. And the zoozone can be a problem if you’ve got a serious chewer) but over all these are the cages I favour and so I would say they’re the best but I’m sure there are lots who would disagree.

The best thing to do is consider as many different types of cages as possible and look at peoples reviews of them (how they look, how the hamsters in them do, how easy they are to clean etc) and go from there.

Best of luck.
SabreRose is offline   Reply With Quote