View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 10:19 PM  
velma

Default Re: Allergic to Carefresh?

I use either carefresh or the pets at home wood shavings & my hams have always been fine. I'd like to try Fitch but I've yet to get round to it because of storage & I personally find it more convenient to be able to pick up my pet supplies from the store near me. I've luckily never had a ham with allergies so I have no direct experience with that but I don't remember reading about many members having allergy problems with carefresh. Reading your post though, you say your ham has developed the problem in just one area? I'd have thought that if it was an allergy that they might have been itchy all over so to have a problem in a specific area might indicate something else? Mites could be the problem as your vet suggests or could your ham have caught himself on something in his cage? A scratch from something a little sharp - a rough bit of a bendy bridge or something like that - might not have shown up hugely but may have been itchy while healing & made him scratch. Without a picture it's even harder to tell but a trip to the vet is the best thing as they can tell much better what it's likely to be & prescribe something appropriate. Hope you get on alright at your vet appointment.
velma is offline   Reply With Quote