View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 09:27 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Pumpkin

Thank you cypher, AprilPearl, BorisPasha, dreamtree1234 and Thin Lizzy. Pumpkin is really happy with her new playbin layout and she is still having lot of fun in there every evening.

The 30th of August was a sad day for me, at first I didn't realise until I saw the photo of Sherbet on my wall and them instantly realised that it was a year ago I had to make the very difficult decision to help Sherbet to the bridge. I still very much miss my snuggly Sherbet and also really miss her curled up asleep around my neck. As I didn’t feel like doing much, I decided it might be a good time to organise and tidy up my hamster supplies, as it was getting really messy. Seeing some things did bring back some wonderful memories of not only Sherbet but also of all of my girls. Having everything all nice and tidy again was really nice.

But I do have a happy hamster anniversary coming up soon - Pumpkin's 1 year gotcha day/adoption anniversary on the 24th. I already bought her presents for her special day, so she will be spoilt. I can't believe I have almost had Pumpkin for a whole year!

Pumpkin's Palace Cage Layout - September 2017

Tuesday I spent the afternoon cleaning Pumpkin's cage as well as giving her a new layout for her to enjoy this month. Most things in her cage are the same as last month however in a different layout along with different chews. I also managed to include Pumpkin's ceramic pineapple house in her cage and she has been really enjoying sitting inside it - and I also caught her having a brief nap inside there last night.

This is how Pumpkin's cage looks like this month and a few photo of her initial exploration of the new layout...

Pumpkin has been thoroughly enjoying this layout the last few days - so her cage doesn't looks as tidy as it does in the pictures - there is currently a huge pile of fitch by her house entrance and also by her grass nest. Pumpkin has also still been enjoying playing her willow sticks - she woke me up 3am Thursday morning to a very loud racket caused by her banging the sticks against the edge of her cage as she was chewing on them. When I went over to ask if she could play her willow sticks a little quieter, she looked very surprised to see me and looked at me if to say “why are you awake and shouldn’t you be asleep still!”. Whilst I was standing beside her cage she decided she would have a run in her wheel instead but as soon as I went back to bed and put my head back on the pillow she decides to go back to playing her music with her willow sticks again - probably wanting to play some soothing music to help send me back to sleep!

Pumpkin Photos - Grooming and my Grumpy Pumpkin

Pumpkin decided to have a grooming session whilst sitting inside her cork log last night and as I had been just taking some photos of Pumpkin I decided I couldn't miss this ideal opportunity to get some better grooming photos - as it very difficult to get good grooming photos of Pumpkin as she usually grooms in the privacy of her grass nest.

After she finished grooming Pumpkin looked really relaxed and at one point I thought she was about to fall asleep instead she looks at me with an incredibly cute grumpy expression on her face! Pumpkin usually looks grumpy after a wash – so I think it more of a relaxed/sleepy expression really! But she doesn’t stay looking grumpy for long and she then she started being extra cute!

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 09-08-2017 at 09:35 AM.
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote