View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 03:29 PM  
Abi5sos1d
Adult Hamster

Default RIP my Fluffmonster

Today I had to make the hardest decision any pet owner could make but one our pets trust us to make especially when they become terminally ill.

I took Peanut to the vets today after I checked on her and saw that she was in a much worse state than she was a few days before. She hadn't been eating or drinking and she was extremely wobbly when she moved, basically sliding and falling everywhere. But today she had completely closed eyes and pus was coming from them and I noticed she had extremely overgtown teeth so I made an emergency appointment with the vet.

The vet checked her over and told me that Peanut had severe neurological problems, small tumours in her brain and behind her eyes and she also had a urinary infection. She told me that we could give her pain meds and antibiotics but she would still be suffering from her neurological issues and the cancer so I made the decision to euthanize her as it would be more humane as she had been suffering the past few days without my knowledge.

The woman was really lovely and let me take my time with having my last few moments with Peanut, obviously tears were shed even my dad cried as he said goodbye to her. But now I know she's no longer in pain and that she's playing with all her hammy friends at the rainbow bridge.

Play well my little fluff monster.
Abi5sos1d is offline   Reply With Quote