View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 05:04 PM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Pumpkin

Thank you CMB, cypher, AprilPearl, BorisPasha, Ruth Edwards and Thin Lizzy. Pumpkin is pleased you all like the photos - she does know how to pose perfectly it's a shame my camera doesn't focus quick enough sometimes but I do really love that butt shot though.

Cypher, So sweet that your hamster too also take a piece of Fitch back to their nest with them - I very cute seeing her doing this!

AprilPearl - Satins do look like their glowing. I like how satins look slightly depending on the light as in natural light Pumpkin looks like a cinnamon but in artificial light her fur looks more brown. Most of my girls used to hoard their treats in the open - although they took a few of their most favourite pieces back to their house for their midnight (or more like midday) snack.

Playbin Layout and Afternoon Snack

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to change Pumpkin Playbin Layout - (her playbin is the IKEA Samla 130l box) as she was becoming a little bored of her previous layout and spent most of her time banging the lid or trying to chew the lid and mesh - so I thought she might appreciate a new layout with different toys to help keep her entertained for more than 5 minutes.
This time I decided to divide the playbin in half - so one side of playbin she has some Fitch from her previous set up and the other half has aspen and back2nature pellets (I had these both in storage and they needed using up). I have a cardboard divider between the different substrates I would have like the substrate to be deeper (it's approx 15cm although some parts are slightly deeper)- but I ran out of aspen and pellets as well as I decided to use less so she wouldn't be reach the lid when standing on her toys as she to get fixated on trying to chew the lid and mesh she can't chew on it or the mesh. However the substrate is deep enough as Pumpkin was still able to dig and burrow in it this evening.

This evening Pumpkin throughly enjoyed her new set up and spent most of her cuddle time exploring her new layout as well as running in her wheel - but she also still enjoyed her cuddles too!

This is how I set up her Playbin Layout - I went for a colourful theme.

And a few more photos of Pumpkin having fun exploring...

Also her are a few photos I took last week of Pumpkin enjoying an afternoon snack of a small piece of pasta and a green bean! She ate all the pasta before making the green bean disappear into her pouch!

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 08-29-2017 at 05:20 PM.
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote