View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 11:29 PM  
CMB
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: A white russian called Popcorn

Yes. Willow did bite quite harder few times. I stopped putting food on my hand for a while and got her to climb into a transport box, then took her out of her tank and let her come out of the box onto my hand when she was ready.

Treats can be put down and your hand moved back a little, so Popcorn sees you put the treat down and gets it while near your hand, but with less chance of a bite.

I have also held a long piece of millet in one hand so Willow would climb onto my hand to reach it. She was too busy getting the millet to bite.

You could let Popcorn sniff/climb onto the back of your hand. Make a fist, then angle your hand downwards. This way your fingers and thumb are tucked away/not sticking out.

It can be hard to be brave after a bite, but take things at yours and Popcorn's own pace. If your not feeling brave do easy steps for you and if Popcorn isn't feeling brave do an easy step for her.

Playboy time may be a good time for taming too. If there is something for Popcorn to climb on, once she is on it put your hand next it and she may climb onto your hand.

All the best with discouraging/stopping the biting.

Last edited by CMB; 08-27-2017 at 11:35 PM.
CMB is offline   Reply With Quote