View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 04:53 PM  
Quacky
Newborn Pup

Default Important question about my hamster.

Me and my girlfriend are quite worried at the moment, we got Jaffa around 2 ish months ago now, she came to us in a small pet store standard cage (my mums friend didn't want her anymore)
Thing is, we upsized her cage to large DIY cage, maybe 3 times bigger than her old one. At first she was fine, being curious, enjoying the cage, and now recently she seems to have begun to go a bit mad, frantically scratching at the bottom of the cage and biting it to the point of drawing blood, we aren't sure from where but she definitely has. We decided to maybe give her more things to do and all the other normal suggestions we would get for something like this. But today shes been almost acting crazy over getting to the part where she was scratching, we put a tunnel over it, she chewed straight through the tunnel to try and get there and acted almost aggressive towards us because we were trying to get her away from it to not let her hurt herself.

Right now, shes back in the cage she came to us in, because we can't keep her in there the way shes acting. Is there such a thing of hamsters not being able to settle into any other cage other than the one they grew up in from a pup? We aren't sure if anythings wrong with her, but its really worrying seeing our little hammy like this.

Any help is appreciated about this, we are at a loss of what to do.
Quacky is offline   Reply With Quote