View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 02:13 AM  
cookietiger
Hamster Pup

Exclamation My hamster escaped ;_;

So this morning I came downstairs and went to the cage to feed my hamster... when I noticed the tunnel was not attached to the cage...
I lifted every single house and he was gone!
I frantically closed all the doors in the house and started crawling through every room (for some reason I didn't think he'd be in the room he began in). However after several rooms I started searching the room he lives in. I am a super messy person. So all Crumpet's bedding, substrate, ball, toys are just in a big pile in the corner some slightly more spread out. I was moving all of them and found a MASSIVE puddle of pee (I really thought if anything it would be quite a small patch but it was a great sign).
As I continued to move things with the help of my mum I started to hear him and eventually he popped his head out of the bag of bedding which was just left open on the floor. I am honestly so relieved!
Inside the bag was bits of leaf. He had wandered into the kitchen where there is a pile of beetroots on the floor and tried taking a whole leaf, given up and taken parts of it to eat or use as bedding. Is it ok for hamsters to eat beetroot leaves?
I cannot believe the tunnel popped off. I've adjusted it and it hasn't popped off yet but I'm keeping an eye and if it does I will wrap it in all the duct tape and use all the super glue. And I've decided to always leave the bag of bedding open on the floor just in case. I keep face palming. I can't believe it.
cookietiger is offline   Reply With Quote