View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 01:57 AM  
souffle

Default Re: Hammy changed personality

Edit : posted the same time.
I don't think it was the vet visit Kippy. You knew she was ill beforehand as you asked here. In all honesty she would not have survived even with treatment if it was one of the conditions I mentioned above. There seems to be a number of hamsters with tumours in some of the P&H suppliers and I would inform them what has happened. I would also ask to speak to the practice manager at your vets to explain what happened on your visit and express your dismay at the outcome as well as the fact that this vet was clearly wrong in saying there was nothing wrong with her. Even I could see there clearly was.
Bless her heart she is free at the bridge now. Big hugs to you xx
You DID NOT let her down. You tried to get her treatment. Animals are very private and often need to be alone as they cross they bridge. She will have been deeply unconcious and in no pain and she will have known she was loved during her short well cared for life.

I think you need to check her too very gently. If she is very poorly but still hanging on you may have to ask her if she has had enough and then try and find another vet to see what they think. I am thinking of you and know what a heartbreak it is to see a loved one like this. Your decision, made from love will be the right one. Go with what your heart tells you.

Last edited by souffle; 08-08-2017 at 02:06 AM.
souffle is offline   Reply With Quote