Thread: Spooked
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 03:12 PM  
Amberjw
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Spooked

Please help! I got my hamster about two weeks ago and he has been settling in very well. He was becoming more tame but today, I after my uncle had left my house I found the cage disturbed and left open for him to climb out. The clips that hold the actual cage to the bottom tray were undone as well and the upper part had become dislodged and could have been easily escaped from. Thank god little Boris was still there but he had gone back to being extremely jumpy and nervous. I discovered this after my uncle who has never owned a hamster (so doesn't know how to approach one) had been around. It seemed that he tried to pick him up or stroke him but didn't know how to go about it. I don't want little Boris to be afraid of my hand now after this incident. Does anyone know any tips to try to get him back to normal and to build up trust again? Also, just being picked up would have spooked the little guy because we have not got into that level yet as I was taking it slowly as not to stress him out.
Amberjw is offline   Reply With Quote