Thread: Hii
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 01:33 AM  
AprilPearl
Hamster Hugger

Default Re: Hii

Oh poor little girl! How irresponsible of that pet store. She's likely only a baby herself and now having pups of her own. Not to mention the fact that Syrians are solitary and they could have ended up fighting to the death. The fact that they are still young was probably the only thing keeping them from getting territorial and fighting.

Don’t worry, you 100% did the right thing by separating them. If you hadn’t you would have woken up one day most likely to find one or both hamsters dead. They won’t miss each other as Syrians are by nature solitary and do not want or need company.

Don’t feel guilty for having kept them together, either. You weren’t to know. The pet shop should have been better informed. Well done for separating them!

I do hope the birth goes well. Young mums can have difficulties so I will say a quick prayer.

I'm glad you found this forum. It's definitely a much better resource to rely on for information than pet stores!

Welcome, by the way. Hope to hear all about Mr and Mrs Cuddlesworth and the Cuddlesworth Jrs.

By the way, brilliant names!

Last edited by AprilPearl; 08-03-2017 at 01:55 AM.
AprilPearl is offline   Reply With Quote