View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 10:37 PM  
Nancy's Hamsters
ST's Hamstery

Default ST's C-17 litter

Small number but mighty in improvements.
On July 26th right on time ST's Ebba(Chocolate Tort SH) gave birth to 3 lovely pups. This is Ebba's first litter
The forum is not allowing me to imbed from my Exterior card files even by following the embedding instructions so Sorry no pics.

The sire of the litter is Hamster Tracks Adar of ST's better known as Adar a Long Haired Melanistic Yellow who has a 50% chance of carrying Rust.

Ebba gave me heart palpations last Sunday when we got home from evening services by emptying her just filled before heading out 8 oz water bottle directly on her nest and the 2 day old pups. Pups were soaked and loudly complaining, and cold. I had no choice but to collect Mom out and place her in a travel bin while I scooped up the three pups and placed them in a warmed soft cloth then on to the lid of a bin with a heat pad underneath to warm them up, dry them off, and hope all would make it.

After the full clean out and towel drying the bin I placed a large handful of Eco Bedding in the corner the soaked nest had been and tried my best to make a cupped area to place the now sleeping trio into. I then took a 2nd handful and place it on top of the human excuse for a nest. I then placed a large pile of food and treats in the far end and placed Ebba back in and sat a good distance away but still close enough to know if she decided to cull pups.

2 hours later Ebba was back on the pups cleaning them and nursing them and today I got a quick glimps of the litter from underneath the nursery tank and there are two dark pigmented and one lighter pigment pup with nice big full tummies and a happy Mom.

This litter is to add bloodlines which go back to my original Chocolates but with outcross bloodlines from Hamster Tracks. Both parents are of good size and Adars coat is the thickest I have had thus far. Expected colors will be Yellow ,Mel Yellow, and Torts. Pending Adar carrying Rust we could also find Chocolates, Chocolate Yellow. Females will all be Torts when Ebba's non Yellow gene is given.