Thread: 31 Days of July
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 02:17 PM  
Amber_x
Hamster Pup

Default Re: 31 Days of July

As promised some photos of Wonky from today - I'll have to share them over multiple posts as I'm posting from my phone but never mind! I tried lunging him today, but I couldn't really canter him because of the wet ground. Of course he decided to bolt off in canter anyway! He is still really bad with lunging - if you don't have a whip he'll keep on walking towards you rather than in a circle but if you do hold one the slightest move towards him will send him bolting off in canter so I'm not sure what to do.

If anyone has any experience with horses and has any advice it would be greatly appreciated - I can't really use a whip with him as he's scared of them (he was abused in the past) but if I don't use one he won't go out into a circle. Another problem is that he'll only go in one direction and any attempt to get him to go the other way ends in him bolting in the wrong direction again! I also don't really get to exercise him much as I'm only there once a week and even then I don't always have time to lunge him. It's the only way for him to get any exercise as he can't be ridden and I would like to get him a bit fitter as he's rather chubby!

Anyway, this photo is from when I had him on the lunge. I have to use the side ring as the cavesson doesn't fit him too well so it slips into his eye if I use the top one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2430.JPG (2.71 MB, 6 views)
Amber_x is offline   Reply With Quote