View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 11:46 AM  
Crystalroborovski
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Ham ham Botan is dead

Oh Sukirutski I am so sorry you lost your little Botan. I'm sure you loved him very much and it's a shame that he had to go so soon.

I have to agree with the others about keeping the kitty away from Celica. Even if we think our hams are safe from our feline pets we can never be sure unless the two animals are kept in separate rooms. Cats are very clever and can jump very high and far, and even if they are declawed they can still use their teeth to open cage lids if they are not locked. I used to let my cat in my room when my two hamsters lived together in a glass tank with a locking lid (this was before I knew that cats and hamsters should not be in the same room). Once I separated my pair one of them was moved to a bin cage on my floor. Even though it has a lid I am not certain that the plastic would hold up against a very determined cat. And also, Tangerine (the one who lives in the bin cage) is a very skittish hamster and he was terrified to see a predator towering over him. Jasmine (my cat) was very determined to get to Tangerine and it was stressful for her to see prey right in front of her face but she couldn't get to it. And it was very stressful for Tangerine because he could smell a predator. So I made a thread about this issue on here and everyone said it would be better for me to keep Jasmine out of my room for the health and well being of both her and my two hamsters. I keep my bedroom door shut at all times except whenever I'm in my room. Occasionally Jasmine will try to mosey her way in but I'm always quick to take her out of my room.

If the other room of your apartment is hot maybe you could invest in a fan to keep the room cooler.

❤️Mommy to Key Lime and Tangerine, my two fur babies❤️
Crystalroborovski is offline   Reply With Quote