View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 02:54 PM  
minnieandhammy
Hamster Pup

Default Television in same room

The only place I can put my hamster cage is in the living room/ kitchen. The living room has a small fridge freezer in it and a television. I am often at home during the day with the television on. I keep it turned down low but I am still worried it is disturbing to my hamster. The fridge freezer clicks on and off and makes a humming noise and i worry this is annoying for my hamster.

Also I have to cook in the same room as there is no actual separate kitchen room and I worry about the noise and cooking fumes which I try to keep low but obvs there are still some.

The only place to put her cage is in front of the radiator but I keep that turned down very low so no or hardly any heat comes off it. the room has large South facing windows and can get very hot so I always have the blinds down when I go out in case there is a heatwave.

Every week there is a fire alarm test in the building which lasts about 20 seconds and is very loud. She sits up in her nest when it goes on but has been ok afterwards. Again nothing I can do about it. I do worry that the fire alarm goes off when I'm out because it can go on for up to an hour till it gets turned off. With my last hamster the fire alarm went off about 3 times and I got him out his cage put him into his carrying case and took him out with me. I put his carrying case in a thermal bag with a blanket on top because it was cold outside and took him into my car and put the heating on.

Can anyone tell me if they think my television and freezer will be distressing my hamster. I hope not because there is nowhere else for her to go.
minnieandhammy is offline   Reply With Quote