View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 04:19 PM  
princedevitt
Newborn Pup

Default separating two robos | will they get lonely?

i adopted my two robos finn and prince about two months ago, and was told that they liked to live in pairs or groups. my two boys were already in the cage in the store together, so i assume they were raised together. after doing some research i quickly found out it was possible that eventually they would mature and want to split up, but i thought they would be fine because they were always asleep together.

unfortunately, the past week they have been non-stop fighting and i have had to separate them. i didn't want to, but finn has been injured (from what i can tell, his back has a lot of missing fur patches and bites - i have compared this to others' pictures and information and it looks as though he has been bitten) so for my own peace of mind i have bought a new cage and split them up. this wasn't ideal financially for me, but i want them to be safe. prince would always be the one pinning finn down and chasing him and going for his backside, and prince also has no injuries at all. it seems like finn was being bullied because he would always be in the corner, and is a seemingly lot happier alone.

now i worry, because prince would always try and cuddle up to finn in the morning (much to his discontent) and sleep next to him, even though there was still tension. unfortunately i cannot afford a huge cage and cannot fit two bowls, two water bottles, two of each toy i have and two sand baths in the cage they were in, so there was a lot of fighting over things like that, and i'm not surprised i've had to separate them. i have given them identical cages now and they seem a lot less aggressive and more calm, so i'm kind of torn on this.

i just worry about prince. prince seemed to still want to be around finn a lot despite being territorial during the night. i have been up until 6am every single night splitting up fights and i felt it was best, but i worry about prince being lonely. the only toy he likes to use is his wheel (not the spinners) and i can't afford much else but a sand bath, burrow box (which he sleeps in), and a chew toy to play with until next week and he seems bored. he also does not like to be touched or handled, unlike finn who i get out and play with every hour or so.

will he get too lonely on his own? he doesn't want to interact with me so he's basically on his own. i have a plastic lid cage so i can't get hanging toys and i don't have a massive amount of room for huge objects... is there anything i cang get him to stop him being bored and distract him a little? what is the best thing for him?

i know this is super long but as i've been writing this i'm noticing they've both gone back into their beds now and aren't active at all. it's just past midnight and they're usually both super active at this time. will they get used to being alone? or should i not have split them up?
princedevitt is offline   Reply With Quote