View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 02:09 PM  
Princess Pixie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I think the delivery is free It can take 3 to 7 days to arrive though. That is very bad luck when you've just bought a brand new Barney cage. I do know some people with similar issues have bought a maxi duna multy, which although it's also plastic, seems to have a tougher base and I've not heard of anyone's hammy chewing out of that. You are right the base of the Barney and Alexander are quite thin and flimsy - which is fine if your hamster doesn't chew it! The Maxi Duna costs more though. You can sometimes find a 3 foot second hand fish tank on ebay quite cheap, but sounds like you need something quickly. £65 is a good price for the Kerry.
Would a 12inch wheel fit in the Kerry do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsgurl View Post
Have you read the sticky thread in this section? Managing Bar Chewers

I think most hamster owners have had this problem at one time or another- I had to attach a log bridge on the inside once as they can get obsessed with one area!
Yeah I've had a look and I'll definitely get her some more chew toys, I'm not over concerned about the bar chewing because I'll be getting her glass tank soon but I'm a bit worried about her breaking through the base. She's huge!

Last edited by leedsgurl; 07-10-2017 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts
Princess Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote