View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 03:30 PM  
Crystalroborovski
Senior Hamster

Default Re: is my bin cage suitable for my pair of russian dwarf hamsters ??

Have you done several months or years of research on breeding? Can you house all of the babies once they grow into adults if you can't find homes for them? Do you have a large sum of money saved up for potential vet trips in case something goes wrong with the mother and/or pups during and after the birth? Is there an exotic vet near you that can treat hamsters? Are you getting the parent hamsters from a professional breeder who knows their genetic backgrounds? All of these questions and many more are things you must ask yourself, and if the answer is no to any of them you aren't ready to breed. I don't mean this to come off as harsh at all but please realize that breeding is very serious and can easily result in the death of the mother or pups. I would highly discourage you from doing it unless you have done many months or even a couple years of research.

Just know the risks of breeding. It's very dangerous, and if done incorrectly can have fatal results. May i ask, why did you decide to breed your hamsters?

again I don't mean any of this to be harsh or rude, I'm sorry if it seems like that xxx

❤️Mommy to Key Lime and Tangerine, my two fur babies❤️
Crystalroborovski is offline   Reply With Quote