Thread: 31 Days of July
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 01:00 PM  
Amber_x
Hamster Pup

Default Re: 31 Days of July

Thanks everyone

Today I'm going to introduce you to my first hamster Heidi. I got her in 2013 as a Christmas present with a pretty small rotastak cage which she lived in for around a year. However, a while later a friend I had (who had introduced me to hamsters) got a hamster heaven which I thought was very cool with the platforms and tubes so I bought one for Heidi. At the time I didn't really know anything about recommended cage sizes and everything but I'm very glad I ended up getting a bigger cage for her. Heidi was very tame and loved her food - she was also very active and had loads of energy! Unfortunately she was put to sleep at the age of 2 in December 2015 due to a tumour in her bladder (I think). She wasn't herself at all in the few weeks leading up to that so I feel it was for the best as she was normally such an energetic hammy. She taught me a lot about hamsters and although I didn't care for her too well to begin with it was her that led me to learn about proper hamster care. I've attached some photos as photobucket isn't working properly but they are a bit blurry as she was always on the move!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0690.JPG (1.63 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1022.JPG (507.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0608.JPG (977.6 KB, 9 views)
Amber_x is offline   Reply With Quote