Thread: RatsRatsRats!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 10:36 AM  
hrl20100
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: RatsRatsRats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Lizzy View Post
That's a gorgeous sight, seeing your ratty beauties veg fishing, it brought a huge smile to my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
I love watching rats go fishing for peas! I am in love with your little ones. One day I hope to have my own little mischief
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtree1234 View Post
Oh my, Neville and Drago are too precious just like the rest of your rat crew. I absolutely fell head over heals with them, too. Neville looks like a black and white mini-sheep (especially in the 1st pic) and Drago looks as if he has already been sheered - LOL! They are so adorable and I love how they are looking straight into the camera with their expressive eyes. I would give anything to know what they were thinking at that exact moment. I definitely see why you had to have them in your rat family as well. What wonderful additions to you already magnificent bunch.

LOL - I totally died laughing at the pics of your rats veggie-fishing! I am so sorry that it is so hot, but I think that you definitely found a lovely way to bring the fun and coolness back. I have never seen a rat swim or fish before so those pics were truly a joy to see. I absolutely love, love, love, LOVE them all. Great pics, too.

I have always loved rats, and your rats make me want them even more than ever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie Flower View Post
Your rats are so cute, I really love them all. They all sound like such little characters! I've always wanted little ratties but I just don't have room at the moment, maybe some time in the future, your bunch has definitely made me want them more

The photos of them vaggie fishing are just amazing, they all look like they're having so much fun! I really can't wait to hear more about them all and see more pictures.
Thankyou everyone!
I promise more photos soon!

SO I DID A REALLY BAD THING AND OMG NOW I HAVE 19 RATS

Someone was advertising 6 rats free to a good home. And because they were free I panicked thinking omg anyone could get them. So I got in contact and arranged to meet them. Turns out the lady rescued them and was fostering them for a while until she felt they were ready for new homes. She looked after them for 7 weeks, and in total rescued 37 rats from appalling conditions.

They were in cramped very over-crowded filthy cages, had very little food and bright green, bone dry water bottles. All the rats were filthy and stained yellow from their own urine and all of them were terrified. She has worked with them and most of them have recovered from their trauma. Many were skin and bone and one of the boys she showed me (he was beautiful) was very close to death when she rescued them.

When I got to her house it was my life goals haha
She had 2 savic royal suite cages, but had bought 3 of them and split on in half, using each half of the cage to add another level to her current cages so they were 3 stories high. She had one for the boys and one for the girls. Absolutely packed full of toys and omg it was heaven!

She was such a nice lady and explained to me why she couldn't keep them all, she wished she could but it was too many for her to care for as she had chinchillas, gerbils and lots of lizards as well as all these rescued rats.

The 6 girls I was taking were all ready in the carrier when I got there and all seemed very healthy and lively. Very nice shiny coats, you couldn't tell they had been in terrible conditions previously at all. I was asked if I would consider taking one more girl as that would then leave her with a pair, of course I said yes, so rather than taking 6, I took home 7.

After giving them some time to settle in, its very clear to me that two of them are still traumatized after their rough start in life. They won't let me touch them with out screeching in protest. I've never heard anything like it-i've owned several difficult rats, but I have a feeling these two are going to be some of my most challenging. Its a good job I like the difficult ones!

So, we now have 4 black berkshires (all look identical apart from they have different white tummy markings) 2 black hoodeds and one roan. All of which I need to name! Urghhhh

So yeah! 13 females... all being introduced to one another right now and its a nightmare hahaa