View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:29 AM  
Burakki
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Paws dirty after escape. Should I clean them?

Thank you for the advice! I managed to get her upside down and quickly clean her paws with a damp cloth. Her belly fur is a bit too long to not get wet on the damp kitchen paper, so I was afraid to do that. She then went into her sand bath and when I checked after, the paws were completely back to their normal color. So, I think that we got all the gross stuff off.
EJoy123, oh my! I can imagine how frustrating it was for you trying to fetch your little guy out! When I was looking for her, I actually was thinking of carrying my phone with me to snap a picture once I found her. Thank god I didn't try to, as I would've lost her again.
Serendipity, she is very tame, so, she didn't much object to being held and cleaned, thankfully!
AprilPearl , I've been trying to teach her to get used to being held upside down, and she is okay with being like that for about five to ten seconds, but then she starts trying to wriggle her way out of the hold. I had to be very quick, but I think I managed I had a very serious talk with her about escapes but I feel like she was only pretending to listen.

Mommy to Noir the antique book loving chinchilla
R.I.P. Prince Lemon - my fluffy baby. I’ll never forget you. 23.09.2017 - 17.05.2018
R.I.P. Martina - my golden Queen. You were amazing. 14.02.2017 - 24.01.2019
Burakki is offline   Reply With Quote