View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 09:07 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: Chinesey Pupdate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectis Hamstery View Post
Some people query whether the spot means they're genetically a dom spot not a BEW (like normal Chinese with a single white spot on the cheek are thought to potentially be a very poorly marked dom spot), but if they were I'd have expected some dom spots in the BEW to BEW/?DS litters - especially since my BEW to DS litters are usually all dom spots!
I was curious when I paired Nobby and Victoria as to what I'd get from them as I remember vaguely that he had the cheek spot and a white patch on his belly. Victoria has a very small white spot on her cheek and a white patch on her chest. All six pups ended up being Normals and to my knowledge none have a white cheek patch however there was a degree of white patching on the bellies of all six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectis Hamstery View Post
I have a plan for seeing if the single-spot-on-a-normal's-cheek means they're genetically normal or dom spot which is exciting. Well, exciting for me. I'm a Chinese hamster geek and get really excited by this sort of stuff!
Me too!

You'll have to let me know what is the result of your planned pairings - I'd love to know how things turn out.

(Those little white pups are simply gorgeous BTW)
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote