View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 10:46 PM  
Bellatrix
Banned

Default Re: Difficult begaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
I may be missing something so do forgive me if so, but what makes you think she may have teeth issues?

As CMB suggested, a closed off hallway or hamster proof room would both be excellent choices for exercise time. They key is to have lots of it! Keeping her distracted with scatter feeding, food toys, and new items is crucial as well. You could always add a bit more bedding in each section and see if she creates burrows. I had a ham who loved chewing at his bin, and adding lots of bedding really helped to curve this behavior. As you do have concerns with raising the bedding due to her chewing, could you possibly attach thick cardboard using zip ties to the top? If you could, she'll no longer be able to chew it which obviously would help to fix a few of your problems. Many females are like this, crazy and all over the place! 6 months is just maturity so give her some more time. You may need to upgrade in the future if the problems continue, but until then, try to make her setup as stimulating as possible. Good luck
Chewing so madly. I breed Springer Spaniels and I know a ham isn't a dog but I had a pup with exactly the same issues, thought it was just the puppy chewing stage, turned out he had an abscess on his gum.

I know hams chew but not like that. I personally think a vet vist to check out his teeth won't be a bad thing. At least you'll be eliminating health issues. Maybe he's got pain in his teeth, when animals (ALL animals) have tooth pain, they chew.
Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote