View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 05:32 AM  
Bellatrix
Banned

Default Re: Moving to a bigger cage

I was in exactly the same situation as you. PAH gave my parents the sort advise when they buying me a hamster for my birthday three weeks ago.

They advised them to buy the smallest cage I've ever seen, she's a dwarf hamster so their policy was, the smaller the animal the less space they need.. rubbish!! The cage was a 24-18 plastic thing and I was mortified when I saw this poor creature in such cramped conditions. My parents being totally uneducated on the subject of hamsters, trusted the staff at PAH and was told to buy all the wrong things, wrong food, wrong bedding, wrong cage, it was a mess.

I've since rectified all the issues and I too was worried about the cage change, I need not have been. I took all the advice from people here and filled her new cage with new bedding but added her old (poop and all) on top along with her old toys and wheel (silent spinner). Within half hour, she was totally comfortable in her surroundings. I've since upgraded her again to an even bigger tank and again, she was perfectly fine.

Don't sweat it, as long as you mix the bedding and keep her scent over everything, she'll be all good.
Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote