Thread: Quigley
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:30 PM  
AprilPearl
Hamster Hugger

Default Re: Quigley

Quigley's Skyline Arizona playpen arrived today, so he got to use it for the first time.

He also tried his first seed bar, which he quickly got the hang of!

Direct link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdharnr6nM

Quigley is being very brave. He allowed me to stroke him while he ate the seed bar, but jumps every time he is picked up (don't worry, my hands have been carefully no more than a centimetre from the floor).

Got some photos of him grooming. As you can see in the first one... His masculinity is not in question! Palmer-Stephenson told me that the more testosterone a long haired hamster has, the longer its fur. My the size if his ham-melons, I'd say he has a lot of testosterone! But, fortunately he's just fluffy, rather than truly long haired.

It's been fun watching him this evening pottering about his cage. He seems very confident in there and even took some sunflower seeds through the bars from me. Not sure if this will last, but he keeps very reasonable hours! Up by 7pm, and only goes back to bed at about 7:30am.

Sorry for all the pictures - though you are just lucky there's not more I could photograph him for hours.
AprilPearl is offline   Reply With Quote