View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 05:52 AM  
Vectis Hamstery

Default Chinesey Pupdate

I now have 2 Chinesey litters in the nest here at Vectis at the moment. I'm so thrilled!

The the Adgemer litter was born on 1st June to Adgestone and Merstone who are both black-eyed whites. This is very interesting as I understood BEWs couldn't produce pups together. I can't wait to see the pups. I may have to wait a bit over the 2 weeks to find out as I have a viral illness at the moment. Mer and Adge were living as a long term pair over the past 2 months but Mer turned on her husband after the pups were born so he's now enjoying his own cage.

On about 12th June, the Norsand litter was born. I say 'about' as mum Sandown was very secretive and she kept them quiet for a few days. Dad Norton is still in with Sandy and seems to be helping her which is unusual in my experience. They were living as a long term pair and it hasn't been possible to remove him yet without disturbing the nest. Both parents are dom spots so I'm expecting 50% dom spots, 25% BEWs and 25% normals.

I have two other girls who are hopefully cooking me some puppies. Red Scharron was paired with Lio!rt Wyrmbidder (both normals) on 3rd June and had to be split due to arguing on 6th June. Pups should be due from 24th June.
Scrappy, the 3 legged Lilio! pup (son of Lio!rt), was paired with Ridcully, one of my Dutch imports on 3rd June. Both are normals and they are currently still together. There again pups are due from 24th June.

I have two other long term pairs who are happily co-existing at present: Boddony and Gunilla, and Pteppic and Ptraci. I also have some other girls to pair after Andover - Helen, Calbourne and Maanantai.

It's always a busy time after bringing in fresh outcrosses from Houten!