View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 03:08 PM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: Andover (SHC) 17th June 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilPearl View Post
Fluffagrams thank you for answering my questions. I hope there will be a few hams for sale next week (after all, I really only need there to be one for sale! Though I am sure I wouldn't be the only person to want him/her), but if not then there's a show in Bath next month and that would be a great excuse to visit such a lovely city. Not sure if a hamster would enjoy the long journey back to London, though...
A lot of the breeder hams seem to travel quite well and usually just go to sleep in their carrier. If you do need to travel from Bath with a hamster though, we can help out with some travel tips to make things as easy as possible.

Quote:
Showing sounds more complicated than I thought. Really looking forward to seeing it all in action.
It sounds more complicated in writing than it actually is. I remember when I read about what Pen Stewarding involved, I thought I'd never get my head around it - particularly when you might have two dwarves in a pen but I didn't find things too bad once I'd seen it.

Quote:
Oh, one more thing. What time does the show finish?
It can depend on things like how many hamsters are entered and how quickly the Show Sec is able to process all the paperwork but most of the shows I've been to will usually finish between 4-6pm. Pets are judged at 2pm and there is the Pet Class presentations after judging of that section is complete. That's usually about 3-3:30pm but it depends on how many pets thee are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Syrian_Hammmies View Post
Thanks for link fluffagrams will keep an eye out for new photos of the show. Awh April bath sounds lovely! I would LOVE to go to bath one day to see the famous assembly rooms and pump room. It's a beautiful city and I am a huge Jane Austen fan
Bath is a fantastic city and I feel fortunate to live so close. If you ever come to Bath and you're a Jane Austen fan, then do pay a visit to the Jane Austen Centre and take a photo with the greeter there... he's such a lovely, jolly chap.

I'll put the direct link with the photos from the show up in this thread when they're online so everyone can have a look.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote