Thread: Meet Willow
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 12:25 PM  
CMB
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Meet Willow

Thank you Dreamtree1234 and Cypher. She loves the bendy bridge house/climbing area and I'm hoping she will continue to nest there with the shredded paper nesting material. She hasn't quite made up her mind wether she likes this nest or just a burrow in the sawdust.

I have now moved her sand bath toilet to the same end so she doesn't have to go to the far end of her tank.

Last night she was waiting for cuddles. So I let her climb onto my hand and took her out onto my bed. She hardly sits still and gets off and on my hand. She accepts stroking now.

I'm trying to see her underside while she meerkats or stands up at the glass to confirm she is a she. I can't see nipples or her openings.

I'm cupping my hands a little and also make a ring with my thumb and forefinger and let her crawl through to help with stroking and eventually tip her over for health checks etc.

Unfortunately she must have see the threads of sky diving hamsters, as she ran to the end of my bed and climbed down, dropped to the floor. I was so worried she would be hurt.

She was ok and ran around, but came back to me. She ran away, then came back, only to run away again. I think she found it fun. Lol

She then went behind my wardrobe. I called her and he soon came out. Not sure if it was me calling or if she just decided to come out anyway. I was so relieved. I got her box I weigh her in and she went in it. I returned her to her tank. I have my hands full at the moment. But love every moment

Willow is only my second dwarf hamster. How do dwarfs scent mark?

Last edited by CMB; 06-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.
CMB is offline   Reply With Quote