Thread: New Additions
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 06:54 PM  
kelza
Hamster Pup

Default New Additions

While browsing Craigslist a week ago I came across an ad for 2 dwarfs girls. Each came in her own tiny cage, so they were promptly placed in 20 gallon long tanks. Looking into different DIY options, but I'm going to give them time to settle and learn their needs before making final decisions. I'm estimating them to be about 4 months old based on the information I was given.

Saga is the black hammy and smaller then her sister. When awake she doesn't stop moving, and she tastes/chews on everything so I'm going to have to watch that. She is obsessed with her wheel and her sand bath. It was so adorable when she first found the sand, I think she rolled for 10 minutes straight! Oddly, Saga refuses to eat fresh food. I've tried broccoli, romaine lettuce, carrots, and hard cooked eggs but she won't touch anything. Loves mealworms so I know she's getting some protein.

Poppy is white with gray spots and the larger pf the two. She far more laid back and not picky at all. I've handled her a couple times and she seems to like the attention. Eats anything given to her and just genuinely seems to be a happy hammy. She doesn't seem to like the sand bath much but does use it as a potty area. I often see her rolling on the substrate in a corner while grooming. Silly girl!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170528_150447.jpg (2.81 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20170604_182306.jpg (3.24 MB, 18 views)

Always Loved and Remembered - Buddy, Fizz-Gig, Darth Fluffy, Zippy, Edith, Hime, Millie, Ptolemy, Poppy, and Saga
kelza is offline   Reply With Quote